Oreo Fudge Bars
November 8, 2009
WOW. Nearly three months and I have been missing in action. Well, I really apologize for the neglect I’ve put this blog through. It was not on purpose… I just lost a lot of motivation after school started to pick up. I also lost the charger for my camera, but I found it again! Though, I am cheating a bit because this is a really old recipe/photo that I am using. I have a ton of dishes I’ve made that I never put on the website. This is one of them… and I apologize again for never putting it on here! I made these for my friend Katie for Graduation last year. Umm… well, I went out of town for the weekend and all my roommates ate everything except a few pieces so it wasn’t really the best graduation gift. HAHA! I don’t blame ’em at all though. THESE ARE SO BOMB. Thanks Baking Blonde!!! Recipe after the cut🙂
OREO FUDGE BARS
1 16oz. package of Oreo cookies
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 tsp satl
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (I used Fat Free)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (could use another 1/2 cup semi-sweet chips if you like)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325.
2. Line a 9×13 pan with foil and lightly spray with PAM. Set aside 6 Oreo cookies for the toppings.
3. In a small food processor grind the rest of the cookies. (*I just threw them in my kitchenaid and attacked it with the wire whisk. I probably shouldn’t have done that but I was damn lazy. You could put them in a plastic ziploc and pound it with a rolling pin too.) Add the salt to the crumbs and stir to combine.
4. Melt butter and gently stir together with the cookie crumb mixutre.
5. Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
6. Coarsely chop the remaining cookies into chunks and set aside.
7. Over a double boiler or in the microwave, melt 3/4 cup semi-sweet and 1/2 cup milk chocoalte chips together with the condensed milk and vanilla.
8. Stir frequently until smooth. Spread evenly over the prepared cookie crust. Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips and the Oreo cookies chunks over the top of the filling. Press down gently into the chocolate topping.
9. Bake for 20-22 minutes oven.
10. Allow to cool on counter for 1 hour. Chill in fridge until completely cold and set before cutting into bars or it will make a big mess. ***THEY TASTE AMAZING COLD!